Saturday, February 21, 2009

Charity Starts in the Home.


Over the past few days I've been contemplating how I can make my first event at The Mansion Event Home a memorable and positive experience for the community of Dexter, Maine. I came to the conclusion that hosting an event to benefit those who serve our community  would be a great way to begin.

"Our Ladies' Kitchen" is a group of approximately 20-25 volunteers from members of Our Lady of the Snows cluster of Catholic churches in Dexter, Milo, Dover-Foxcroft, and Pittsfield. Each and every week, these volunteers prepare a delicious and nourishing meal for those in need, completely free of charge. Anyone is welcome to come and enjoy the meal, hosted Sunday afternoons from 1:00-2:00pm at St. Anne's Parish Center in Dexter, Maine.

"Our Ladies' Kitchen" works to help anyone faced with life's challenges by offering a little assistance in the kitchen once a week. This group of dedicated volunteers has raised funds from many local businesses and relies solely on donations to keep their organization running and provide meals and community  to those in need. 

It is my goal to support "Our Ladies' Kitchen" with a fabulous "wine and cheese soiree" fundraiser that will give members of the community the opportunity to get together and have a good time all for a good cause. I invite you to partake in this event!

The date has yet to be set, but let me give you a little something to look forward to:

  • A delicious selection of cheeses from around the world
  • Appetizers and hors d'oeuvres 
  • A variety of wines, as well as non-alcoholic beverage
  • Delectable desserts
  • Musical entertainment provided by a talented local harpist
  • The opportunity to mix and mingle with members of the community
  • The chance to have fun while making a positive difference in the community!

  • I plan to price the tickets at $25.00 per person and will offer seating for forty to fifty people. I'm excited to begin The Mansion Event Home with a charity event and have several ideas rolling around in my mind about how to make this event an extra special hit.

    Be well,
    Lauraine

    My Thought for the Day: One of my favorite quotes is "Giving liberates the soul of the giver", by Maya Angelou. I truly believe that "givers gain" and in giving to others, I feel blessed and centered. How do you feel when you are giving?

    No comments:

    Post a Comment