Saturday, March 7, 2009

Rock Me Gently.

The past two days have whizzed by at light speed, and I'm still spinning from all that has been accomplished. 

I experienced my second meeting with the the Comprehensive Planning Committee for Dexter and was invited by a lovely lady (from N.Y.) to join her at the Kiwanis meeting. The next morning at 6:00 a.m. I enjoyed breakfast with a group of faces known throughout the community for their visionary leadership. Kiwanis is a global organization of volunteers dedicated to changing the world one child and one community at a time. "Wow", I thought "I'm in the right place!" Once again I feel blessed and guided to be able to support in an area that I value the most: Children! 

Many of the people that were at the meeting the night before were at the Kawanis meeting and I would like to acknowledge them. First off, Mark from The Brewster Inn. Arriving from England just a couple of years ago, this man has taken on Dexter fast and in a big way. Always upbeat, all inspiring and so welcoming to all. Thank you Mark for inviting me to be on the Comprehensive Planning Committee for Dexter. 

K, thank you for asking me to join Kiwanis, I look forward to being inducted to this wonderful group. 

As I left the Comprehensive Planning Committee board meeting the other night I had the opportunity to chat with the town manager and another lady that I have known since I moved here several years ago. We are so on the same page! We share many of the same hobbies: gardening, a love for the arts, and also the potential for growth and vision. She was
born in the Dexter area, then moved away, and has since returned. As we walked up the quiet snow filled street of Dexter, pumped up and excited, I laughingly said "we're gonna rock this town" She smiled broadly, took my arm and said "rock me gently". Thank you, I will remember those words.

All the skills that were taught to me in the PSI Women's Leadership class flashed before my eyes as I stood in the snow with my new friend. We said "good night" and I felt that peacful feeling as I remembered gently rocking to repell myself off the cliff that I had fearlessly leaned over of just one year prior.

My thought for the day: Though the climb may be steep and challanging, I find peace in my rock. What may seem to be insurmountable is accomplished easily and gently through peace and love. Where do you find your peace and what will it help you accomplish?

No comments:

Post a Comment