Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Celebration of Life



When I came up with this idea a couple of years ago, within one weeks time of the thought, a person contacted me to inquire about The Mansion, and if I could help her with a memorial service for her Mother. I spoke to the woman about my plan to offer the community a place to host their family to celebrate all their loved one's accomplishments. Not having to worry about all those details when in grief. I have held several Celebrations of Life since then.
My experience of the Celebration of life this past weekend, was truly heartfelt. Four beautiful daughters along with a lot of other family involvement commemorated their Mothers life with stories of childhood, prayer, beautifully selected music and poems from my favorite Kahlil Gibran's masterpiece "The Prophet". As I sat in the pale green room I could feel the beauty of this woman's spirit. Friends shared an introduction to Shamanism and welcomed anyone to join in with their feelings of gratitude. More memories were shared of two sisters and their last weeks together walking on the beach, picking up shells. A common thread of woven love was shared by many. Beautiful pale green glass vases, with starfish and seashells were candle lit centerpieces. They were crafted by the daughters and greeted everyone for a lovely meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment